Flat Out Fun - Orange Bird Crochet Pattern


Next up in the Flat Out Fun collection of patterns is Orange Bird!  This little fella was inspired by a certain feathered friend who used to welcome visitors to Adventureland at the House of Mouse many years ago.  If you know, you know.  He still has a loyal following, and I find him absolutely irresistibly adorable.  

This pattern, (grab your copy here) like all the Flat Out Fun patterns, is crocheted in the round, then FLATTENED and closed up at the bottom.  There is absolutely no stuffing involved, and the only assembly needed is to add the little wings.  I've included a graph for the cross stitched chest patch, too.  They eyes are 10mmx15mm googly eyes that are attached with a serious adhesive, like E6000.   Obviously, when plastic eyes are glued to a softie, it is NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN 3 OR UNDER!  



Would you like to see more Flat Out Fun designs?  Follow me on my Love Knot Design Facebook page.  Or check out my Ravelry Designer page.  So far, there are patterns for Flat Out Fun Rocket, and Bunny too.  Do you have an animal or toy idea that I could turn into a Flat Out Fun version?  Leave a comment with your suggestion!

I can't wait to make a ton of these and set them free in the world.  They will make great #WarmFuzzies for the Rocket City Knots Group kindness project!  Who can't be cheered by the Orange Bird?   

Do you like my work and want to help me make more? You can visit my Buy Me a Coffee page with a one-time donation.  I deeply appreciate any support you are inspired to give. THANK YOU!!

Be on the look out for the next Flat Out Fun pattern!


Pattern Info: 

  • The pattern, as written, calls for worsted weight yarn in orange, yellow, and green, and a 3.75mm hook (sizeF.)   It can be used with any weight yarn, when paired with an appropriately sized hook.  I suggest using a hook 1 size smaller than what the yarn band calls for.  
  • I suggest using an acrylic or acrylic blend yarn for your bird. The googly eyes used on the sample were purchased at Hobby Lobby.  
  • Stitches used:     The majority of the pattern is done in single crochet.  The last row, where the "feet" are created, uses half double and double crochet as well.  
  • The chest patch is crossed stitched on after the piece is finished.  

I'd love to see your Flat Out Fun Orange Bird creation!  Leave a pic in the comments.

Happy Crafting!






Comments