Blanket Yarn Animals - Obsession?




Blanket Yarn Animals -  



It would appear I am late to the party, but I'm having a blast making some adorably snuggly animals with that crazy chunky blanket yarn.

A new local customer requested me to make a Big + Little Chickie Knotted Lovey using the Mama Made Mini pattern from Etsy.  As blanket yarn isn't my favorite medium, I did some soul searching and some deep-dive research into the pattern before I agreed.  The reviews for ALL of Mama Made Mini patterns were stellar, and I was intrigued, so I said yes.  I am so glad I did!  

The result was soft, squishy, completely adorable and incredibly tactile.  Now these colors were the customer's choice, and I was a little concerned they wouldn't play well together.  But in IRL it is super cute!  And just look at those cheeky little tail feathers.  He's a sassy chick for sure.  It's the perfect kid toy.  And my kid (in her 20's) loved it so much, she requested a duck version.  I did a little Love Knot Design magic to the pattern and created this little guy.  His name is DITTO the Emotional Support Duck.  My baby grand loved him, too.  


So now I am creating her Bohasaurus pattern.  He's turning out unexpectedly huge, and I'm thrilled with him!  Today I'll be adding his arms, tail, and spikes.  I'm considering fashioning some wings and turning him into a dragon.  Or maybe I'll make him again in red.  I have someone special in mind for that one.  


Do you have any blanket yarn animal patterns you'd like to recommend?  Hit me up in the comments.

Would you like to help me explore more offerings?  You can Buy Me a Coffee Here. https://www.buymeacoffee.com/loveknot

Check out my Facebook page for more fiber-y fun!

#mamamademinis #loveknotdesign #crochet #chicken #dino #duck #blanketyarn #bernatblanket #bernatyarn #emotionalsupportanimal

Comments