Update on the Mini-Me Sock doll progress:

I attempted the first girl sock doll and learned a lot from the experience:

1. Making curly hair is much easier than it looks, and the technique works with acrylic as well as wool.  See Ester Braithwaite's suggestions in her Flower Girls pattern that can be found on Ravelry.

2. Picking up the skirt in the round is hard and time consuming.  The next one I make will be knitted flat and seamed.  That should make picking up the skirt much simpler.

3. On a friend's recommendation, I went up a needle size while knitting the color work for the fair isle pattern.  This worked a treat to keep the fabric loose enough to match the gauge of the rest of the doll.  But, I don't really care for the patterned top, as I think it makes it look too busy.  Next time, I'll stick to a solid or a stripe for the top.

4. I'm tired of winter already... thus the peach and celery colors.  Come on Spring, get here as fast as you can!

5. I'm still young enough to play with dolls. 

Cheers!  

    Christy 

#knitting  #knittersofinsta #minime #dolls #sockdoll #loveknotdesign #esterjoyknits

Comments