Pints and Pixels - Share the Love

I'm in my 40s.  I love arcade games.  It's a pretty good bet that if you are in your 40s, you love arcade games, too.  Anyone who was a teenager in the 1970s or 1980s and doesn't fondly remember killing analog aliens or assaulting little silver balls can't be trusted completely.

One of the greatest new things in our little town is Pints and Pixels, a modern twist on the old arcade.  It offers more than 50 classic arcade games, pinball machines, and even a rent-by-the-minute room with a great selection of old school console games.  Add to that some of the best food in town from Anaheim Chili, and a hefty selection of craft beers, and P&P has become our favorite place to visit.  

The best part of this fun filled venue is it has allowed me to introduce the love of the arcade to my kids.  They both have gotten addicted to pinball on an epic scale.  And P&P has all their new favorites like Lord of the Rings, Metallica, The Addams Family, and now Game of Thrones.  I'd play LOTR all day if I could; it's so much fun.  Fairly quickly though, I leave the kids at the pinball wall and head straight to Space Invaders, Joust, and Ms. Pacman.  But, it's fantastic to be able to share this fun with them.  And even though their ages are vastly different (middle school and college) they enjoy spending time together there, too.  And that is priceless.    

But my darling husband?  He's mildly interested in pinball, and he's totally unimpressed with the pixelly smorgasbord.  From now on, I'm going to keep a suspicious eye on him...

At least he'll go for the craft beer.  Go fig.




Comments