Mini -Me Sock Doll - with BOBBED hair

 Mini-Me Sock Doll - Christening/Easter doll with BOBBED hair:

After watching a truly mesmerizing video by Crochet Mama demonstrating how to make bobbed doll hair, I knew I had to incorporate her technique into a Mini-Me Sock Doll. Each strand is an individual crochet chain anchored to the head by a slip stitch at the top and bottom of the strand.  Folks, this took me a long time, like 3 hours or more.  Part of that time was taken by trying to perfect my anchoring technique.  It went faster as I got the hang of it.


I've been wanting to do a christening or first communion version of my dolls, so I practiced applying the hair to a doll with a solid white dress.  I made the head entirely flesh colored, to give me freedom in styling the hair.  The shoes are simply black.



Notice the little embroidered flower.  It's been 25 years since I've embroidered anything, so it certainly isn't perfect.  But it adds a little femininity to the dress, which I think it needs.  An embroidered cross would be nice too, for a christening gown.  

I love how she turned out.  The next time I make a doll with the bobbed hair, I will knit the head with smaller needles, so that the additional hair won't make the head too large. But other than that, I think she's perfect.  (She's 6.5" tall and 100% machine washable acrylic.)

If you like my Mini-Me Sock Dolls, and would like to order one, follow me, Love Knot Design, on Facebook . PM me there.  I will be taking a limited number of orders from local and established customers.  

Again, I give a nod to my inspiration in making these dolls, #EsterJoyKnits.  Thanks!

#loveknotdesign #knitting, #crochetmama #sockdoll #softsecret #christeningdoll #firstcommuniondoll #crochethair #knittersofinsta 


Comments