Makingi Mini-me dolls



 
This is the time of year where I start looking for smaller projects to make; preferably projects using techniques that are new to me.  I recently discovered these adorable little doll patterns by Ester Braithwaite, and I can't stop making them.  These are old-fashioned sock dolls, made modern by adding lovely patterns or emulating characters from my favorite fandoms.  While making my last one, I thought "Wouldn't it be fun to offer custom dolls for sale to my friends?  Maybe I could have customers send me a photo of their little one, and I could make an inspired mini-me style doll. Wouldn't they be wonderful for the newest members of our family?"  

These dolls, knitted in DK weight yarn, came out to be about 5.5" tall.  They were made from 50% merino, 25% nylon, and 25% acrylic.  They are silky soft, and the perfect size for little hands.  They also machine wash and tumble dry perfectly.  I am going to keep making dolls in order to perfect my technique and select the best materials. If I decide not to offer them for sale, I'll leave them around town for folks to find with our Rocket City Knots Group. I love to spread warm fuzzies!

What do you think?  Would any of you be interested in something like this?  Follow me on Facebook.






#knitting  #knittersofinsta #minime #dolls #sockdoll #loveknotdesign #esterjoyknits

Comments