Cold Hands Warm Heart Mitts - for Valentine's Day


 Cold Hands, Warm Heart Mitts

I was hoping to give my daughter a Valentine's Day gift that she could actually use this year.  You see, she's potentially allergic to most prepared sweets. (tree nut allergies)  She's no fashionista, so jewelry is right out.  And there's no room for decor in her tiny dorm room. So, I thought maybe some cold weather gear for chilly cross-campus treks would be just the thing.  After a quick search on Ravelry.com, a couple of different patterns inspired the mitts you see here.  I call them Cold Hands, Warm Heart Mitts.  I only stitched the heart on the left palm, as I want her to keep my love close to her heart.

These fingerless gloves would make a great canvas on which to stitch any small motif, and I may look into other designs to experiment with someday.  The actual pattern I used is Sara- Basic Fingerless Mitts by JohannaGistvik Designs.  It's a nice straight forward pattern that can be easily adjusted to get a good fit. I've used it several times.  Kudo's to the designer!

The main yarn is Patons Classic Wool DK Superwash in Green Heather colorway, and the heart is stitched on with sportweight from my extensive curated yarn collection, aka The Stash.  They are durable and soft and 100% machine washable.  My daughter should be able to get a lot of use out of these no-nonsense mitts.  

I have offered a limited number of orders on these for $50 +S&H.  If you're interested in having your own, follow me, Love Knot Design, on Facebook to get details.  


Second pair in merino/nylon/acrylic blend


#LoveKnotDesign #knitting #knittersofinsta #ValentinesDayGift #Patonsyarn #patons #LYS #shoplocal #mustbemerino #mitts #fingerless #fingerlessmitts  

Comments