Knit Blockers, Llama, and Silk



Today, I finished up blocking a lovely scarf that will be gifted for Christmas.  (I didn't use a pattern; I just started knitting and this is what I came up with.) It came out so lovely and soft!  I'd like to share a couple of things about this project with you.  








First, I love using these Knitter's Pride Knit Blockers.   I won a set of these magical tools in a dirty santa gift exchange a few years ago.  To be honest, I probably wouldn't have purchased them for myself back then.  But now that I own them, I use them constantly. They simplify the process, making it faster and easier to get secure, straight lines.   They are basically easy-grip stainless steel combs, which means they wont rust or tarnish your project when you are using a wet block or steam block method.  Be careful with them and NEVER let children use them.  They are super sharp!  The box I have has twelve large 8-pin combs and eight smaller 4-pin combs. 

 I highly recommend them!  



Second, you must try knitting or crocheting something with this Juniper Moon - Stargazer yarn.  It's DK weight, 70% llama and 30% silk, and the color I used was Atlas.  I've had this in the yarn stash for quite a while; saving it for something, or someone, special.  The scarf was knitted on size 8 straight needles and is 28 stitches wide.  I used an entire skein and the scarf ended up being about 6ft long. It definitely needed to be blocked in order to make it lay flat, so I wet-blocked it on foam puzzle mats using the Knit Blockers  It's incredibly light and lofty and it's got to be one of the most scrumptious fabrics I've made in years.  I'm definitely going to make it again for myself! 


Both of these goodies, the Knit Blockers and the Stargazer,  came from our local yarn store, Hook A Frog Fiber and Fun.  They were purchased several years ago, and may not be available there today.  They always have something new to see, and I like exploring new fibers.  Please support your LYS!  You'll find wonderful yarns and accessories, lovely people, and lots of expertise.  Shop local and keep your community strong.  

What are some of you favorite blocking tools?  Comment and share your expertise!


#knitterspride #blocking #junipermoon #stargazer #knitting #knittersofinstagram #hookafrog #loveknotdesign #wetblocking #LYS

Comments